The Millard Business Community Foundation Scholarship provides $2,000 scholarships to one student in each of the following four High Schools: Millard North, Millard South, Millard West High and Skutt Catholic. Students apply from this website for these scholarships.
Two additional scholarships are nominated by counselors or teachers:
- “We Are All Patriots” Scholarship is a $2,000 scholarship awarded to a Millard area high school senior who has shown success in overcoming adversity. The scholarship honors the memory of all who were affected by the tragic events at Millard South on January 5, 2011. Potential recipients are referred by a school counselor or teacher.
- “Rich Pahls Memorial” Scholarship honors Rich Pahls who served as a Millard School Administrator, Nebraska Legisture Senator, and City Councilman. He also served on the Millard Business Community Foundation board. The scholarship is awarded to a high school senior who plan to enter the education or public service professions. Potential recipients are referred by a school counselor or teacher.
Funds to support the scholarships come from donations to the Millard Business Community Foundation, a 501(C)(3), and the Annual Scholarship Golf Scramble (link to golf scramble page).
The 2023 scholarship application deadline is February 1, 2024. Contact Us if you need more information or have any questions.
2023 Scholarship Recipients
Millard North High School – Sophia Smith
Millard South High School – Leland Logan
Millard West High School – Brooke Gappa
Skutt High School – Zachariah Schumacher
We Are All Patriots Scholarship (WAAP) – Aleah Klopp –Millard South High School
Rich Pahls Memorial Scholarship – Kaden Weis – Skutt High School
Millard Business Community Foundation Academic Scholarship Criteria
- The Millard Business Community Foundation’s (MBCF) Scholarship Application will be available to Millard School District and Skutt Catholic High School Seniors who have maintained a 2.5 grade point average or better from ninth grade through the third grading period of their senior year. The applicant must be enrolling in a 2 or 4 year college/university or trade school.
- Completed applications are due February 1, 2024. Please send application in one packet to the address indicated on the application. Scholarship evaluators will carefully review student transcripts to ensure that the student has taken a sufficient number of academic classes to be reasonably certain of admittance to any accredited school of higher education.
- The winning candidates will be announced at the 2024 Millard Business Association Awards Celebration February 22, 2024. The recipients of the MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP will be eligible to have the scholarship check sent to the college registrar of the student’s chosen college. $1000 will be sent each semester of the student’s first year of school. In order to remain eligible for this scholarship, the student must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university with a 3.0 or B grade point average. In the event the student selected for this award fails to successfully complete their first semester of college in the autumn of the year the scholarship is awarded, they shall be declared ineligible, and the scholarship award shall be returned to the MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP fund.
- The recipient of the MILLARD BUSINESS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP will be required to submit an official college transcript to the Millard Business Community Foundation within 30 days following each semester as evidence of successful completion of their semester of college. The address where you should send all documents including your transcript will be provided in the confirmation email of the scholarship application.
- The student must notify the Millard Business Community Foundation by September 1, 2024 of the college/university they will be attending.
- Each semester of the student’s first year of college, The Millard Business Community Foundation will send a check in the amount of $1000 to the registrar of the college where the student has registered. This money will be applied to the tuition charges that are applicable to that semester.
A completed packet for the Millard Business Community Foundation scholarship will include: Application Form – COMPLETED Two (2) signed letters of recommendation from persons who know you well, and Official high school transcript.